Cabo Weather in September
Cabo weather in September sees average high temperatures around 84°F (29°C), offering a comfortably warm climate. Nights are slightly more relaxed, with average lows around 78.3°F (25.7°C).
In September, Cabo welcomes visitors with warm temperatures and a lively ambiance. This month also marks the peak of Cabo’s rainy season, with significant rainfall compared to other months. September marks the hurricane season.
September is the hurricane season in Los Cabos
A hurricane is a powerful storm that starts over warm ocean waters. Near places like Cabo and Los Cabos, along the Baja California peninsula, the Sea of Cortez (also known as the Gulf of California) can get very warm, especially in summer and early fall.
When the water temperature is high, it heats the air above it. This warm air rises, creating an area of lower pressure below. As more air rushes in to fill this space, it warms up and rises. This cycle continues, and the swirling air forms a hurricane.
The warm waters of the Sea of Cortez provide the energy that fuels the hurricane, making it more robust as it moves.
Key Takeaways: Cabo Weather in September
- Warm and comfortable temperatures are typical in September.
- September is the wettest month in Cabo, with considerable rainfall.
- Despite the rain, the month still offers ample outdoor activities and town exploration.
- Daytime: Highs average around 84°F (29°C), perfect for outdoor exploration.
- Nighttime: Comfortable evening temperatures average around 78.3°F (25.7°C).
- Average: About 81mm of precipitation over 10.7 days.
- Patterns: Rainfall is most significant in September, though it’s typically interspersed with sunny periods.
- Impact: The rainfall brings a refreshing change to the warmth, seldom disrupting outdoor activities. Hurricanes, on the other hand, are a different story.
- Daily Hours: September offers moderate sunshine for beach days and sightseeing.
- Cloud Cover: Occasional clouds but generally clear skies dominate the month.
- Average: Around 82°F (28°C), ideal for swimming and snorkeling.
- Suitability: Warm sea temperatures make water activities particularly enjoyable.
Activities and Tips
Things to Do:
- Visit famous beaches such as Médano Beach and Chileno Bay for relaxation and water sports.
- Explore Cabo’s vibrant nightlife and its diverse culinary scene.
- Engage in cultural activities, like walking tours and ecotourism activities around the town and its surroundings.
- Visit the San José del Cabo Estuary. At the estuary, you can see bird species, kayak within, or simply stroll by.
What to Pack:
- Lightweight clothing suitable for warm days.
- Essential beach gear, including swimwear, sunscreen, and hats.
- A rain jacket or umbrella for the occasional showers.
Accommodation and Activity Reservations:
- Booking is recommended due to the popularity of the season.
- Explore a wide range of accommodations, from luxury to budget-friendly options.
- Plan for various transportation modes, including air travel and local transport like taxis and buses.
- Car rentals offer flexibility for exploring the region.
- Keep updated on weather forecasts due to the increased likelihood of rain.
- Plan indoor activities as alternatives for rainy days.
In September, Cabo San Lucas provides a unique blend of warm weather and tropical rainfall, making it a particular time to visit.
The month offers sunny days perfect for beach activities and occasional rains that bring a refreshing coolness. Whether seeking adventure or relaxation, Cabo in September presents a delightful experience.
What are the average temperatures in Cabo in September?
Daytime averages are around 84°F (29°C), and nighttime around 78.3°F (25.7°C).
Is September a good time for beach activities in Cabo?
Yes, warm temperatures and moderate sunshine create ideal conditions for beach activities.
What should I pack for a trip to Cabo in September?
Light clothing for warm weather, beachwear, sunscreen, and a rain jacket for occasional showers.
How much rainfall can I expect in Cabo in September?
September is the wettest month, averaging 81mm of rain.
Are there any special weather considerations for Cabo in September?
Be mindful of the peak rainy season, including occasional heavy showers.